jasoncd

Prerequisite bug

I'm starting to think it would be easier to create separate projects instead of multiple builds, but here goes.

On builds that are distributed on media (flash drive, cd, etc), I want to include the full prereq. For downloadable distribution I want the prereq to be downloaded only if needed. To do this I tried to create another prereq of the same type and I get this error message:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
A prerequisite with this name already exists.
Do you want to give this prerequisite the same name with another prerequisite?

The only option is to click the OK button, and nothing happens.

IMO:
It should be warning, not an error. Also, we obviously need more than one button to answer a question. :)
Cosmin

Re: Prerequisite bug

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please specify the Advanced Installer version you are using? I tested this scenario with Advanced installer 6.8 and the message has "Yes" and "No" buttons.

If the problem persists, please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jasoncd

Sent.

I created it in the 6.7 demo version, and updated to the 6.8 registered version yesterday.

Will update thread as necessary. Thanks Cosmin.
Cosmin

Hi,

After investigating the project you provided we found that this behavior is caused by a bug in Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

A bugfix will be included in the next version of Advanced Installer. Until then, you can try this workaround:
- rename the existing prerequisite to something temporary (for example add another character in its name)
- add the predefined prerequisite again
- rename the first prerequisite to the original name, answering "Yes" to the prompt

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”