kkim

Corrupted uninstall shortcut

Hi,

I've been having some issues with AI and right now my shortcut icon doesn't work anymore.

When I double click it, it does not remove my product.

This is what the target says under my uninstall shortcut icon properties:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /qn /x {A9FE7B84-AAC4-4C5B-AC67-1B192DF6F6C9}

The problem is I cannot test my product anymore because I can't install an old version. (it says a newer product is available)

but I can't re-install the latest version either because it says the most recent version is already installed!! So i am basically stuck!!

there is nothing in control panel (add/Remove) to uninstall because I disabled that option....
Cosmin

Re: Corrupted uninstall shortcut

Hi,

Perhaps the Product Code of your package changed. You can check the value of the Product Code by opening the AIP file with a text editor.
In order to remove the broken installation you can use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility. Let me know if the problem appears again.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kkim

cosmin wrote:Hi,

Perhaps the Product Code of your package changed. You can check the value of the Product Code by opening the AIP file with a text editor.
In order to remove the broken installation you can use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility. Let me know if the problem appears again.

Regards,
Cosmin
Ok I ran the file and found our application. I removed it but I still have an issue.

If you right click MY COMPUTER, and go to MANAGE. Then go to Services, my service still shows up there.

I was able to install my product again, but since my "unintsall" shortcut doesn't remove my application anymore, i guess we have to
figure out what is going on with that.

This is part of the same issue I have in my other thread about "starting service" so I will just have you check out my AIP file first....

Since the issues seem to be related...
Cosmin

Hi,
If you right click MY COMPUTER, and go to MANAGE. Then go to Services, my service still shows up there.
Please see your other thread for more details about this:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... f=2&t=8596

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”