RobertvanderHulst

Admin Dialogs

The AIP files contain information for the dialogs that are shown during the setup with /a. For example "AdminBrowseDlg", "AdminInstallPointDlg", "AdminRegistrationDlg", "AdminWelcomeDlg"
There dialogs are not visible in the AI User Interface.
How am I supposed to edit these dialogs ?

Robert
Cosmin

Re: Admin Dialogs

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately Advanced Installer cannot edit these dialogs (the dialog editor does not support them). We didn't implement this feature because none of our users needed it. However we will consider adding it in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
RobertvanderHulst

cosmin wrote:Hi Robert,

Unfortunately Advanced Installer cannot edit these dialogs (the dialog editor does not support them). We didn't implement this feature because none of our users needed it. However we will consider adding it in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin
We have customized our setup dialogs. Somehow the admin dialogs have inherited our customizations, and they look horrible now:
They have the size of our setup dialogs and the location of some of the controls has changed when we moved them, but the background
image is that of the original dialog.
Is there a way that I can 'undo' those customizations for the admin dialogs ?

Robert
Cosmin

Hi Robert,

When customizing the size and position of the dialogs, you should have been prompted about applying the changes to all dialogs or only to the current dialog. If you changed the size for all dialogs, the administrative install dialogs were also affected.

I removed the custom settings for the administrative install dialogs from the project you provided by mail. Now they should have the default appearance.

Regards,
Cosmin
RobertvanderHulst

cosmin wrote:Hi Robert,

When customizing the size and position of the dialogs, you should have been prompted about applying the changes to all dialogs or only to the current dialog. If you changed the size for all dialogs, the administrative install dialogs were also affected.

I removed the custom settings for the administrative install dialogs from the project you provided by mail. Now they should have the default appearance.

Regards,
Cosmin
I think it makes sense to exclude the administrative install dialogs from the automatic resizing, until you provide the option to further adjust the layout of these dialogs.

Robert
Cosmin

Hi Robert,

I added on our TODO list an improvement which will allow the dialog editor to modify the administrative install dialogs. This improvement will be available in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”