SteveA

Disable automatic Application Folder rename

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am

I'm running Advanced Installer 6.8 with a Professional license. I have the Application Folder defined as [ProgramFilesFolder][ProductName]. I build both 64-bit and 32-bit packages and this Application Folder works out fine for me because I want to put my programs in C:\Program Files for the 32-bit target and C:\Program Files (x86) for the 64-bit target. But when I switch the package type from 32-bit to 64-bit Advanced Installer automatically changes the Application Folder definition to [ProgramFiles64Folder]ProductName] and the package then puts my programs into C:\Program Files for the 64-bit target, which is wrong. I know I can change the Application Folder name back to what I want before I build the package, but is there a way to just stop Advanced Installer from automatically making this change?

Thanks,
Steve

Cosmin

Re: Disable automatic Application Folder rename

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid this change cannot be stopped. However, you can try using two builds in the "Media" page. This way you can configure a build for 32-bit and a build for 64-bit. In the "Install Parameters" page you can set the current build by using the "Build" combo on the toolbar.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”