BOWENWANG

Registry Error appear during installtion

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:31 am

Hi,

Got a problem here, i got a message saying"could not write value Registry.Name.AIShRegAnswer to key \Registry.Key.ProductCode" during installation. i dont know what happened, anyone have an idea what can cause this error, my last build was fine. The thing i changed rencently is i update few icons and installer dialog graphics , add few more translations , add few more jar into classpath , changed short cut name by editing Files and Folders->Application Shortcut Floder->shortcut properties.

It will be great if any one can help asap, Thanks in advance!

PS: this is not happening when i choose english as install language, but after installation there is extra icon on my desktop named"File.myProductname.exe"

Cosmin

Re: Registry Error appear during installtion

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 am

Hi,

Most likely the shortcut name was localized, but there are no entries for it in the custom dictionary. If you want to localize the name of a shortcut you can try the approach explained in the Localize EULA and Readme text how-to. If you don't want to localize it you can use the "Never translate this string" option in the Localization dialog.

You can show this dialog by right-clicking in the "Name" field from the Edit Shortcut Properties dialog and selecting the "Localization..." menu item.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”