zhangjc

About IIS configuration!!!

I am a Chinese user,english not good,I hope my friends understand what I mean.

No.1
If I add a new IIS site,after the installation,always there is a default site in IIS will be displayed.

No.2
After adding IIS site,setup will automatically create the directory permissions(network service,iusr_XXX,...) for the installation.

I would like to address the following two questions:

1.Redundant would not increase after the installation of the default site;
2.Setup does not automatically configure permissions.

In my opinion, this may be more easy to use.do not know whether the next version of the upgrade fix the problem?If not, how can I achieve my requirements?I hope that foreign friends can solve my problem, thank you!
zhangjc

Re: About IIS configuration!!!

Who can help me?
Cosmin

Hi,
If I add a new IIS site,after the installation,always there is a default site in IIS will be displayed.
1.Redundant would not increase after the installation of the default site;
Yes, this is the normal behavior. The default website is created when IIS installed on a machine (it is not created by the installation package).
After adding IIS site,setup will automatically create the directory permissions(network service,iusr_XXX,...) for the installation.
Setup does not automatically configure permissions.
Most likely it uses the default permissions. Please note that you can set permissions for the website through the Authentication tab of the "IIS" page.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
zhangjc

Hi cosmin,
Yes, this is the normal behavior. The default website is created when IIS installed on a machine (it is not created by the installation package).
Most likely it uses the default permissions. Please note that you can set permissions for the website through the Authentication tab of the "IIS" page.

According to your explanation,I still did not solve the problem.

1.In the production package and install before I have to delete the IIS default site,but after the installation package will create a default site.
2.IIS authentication tag in the page, beyond the control of the default folder permissions.I hope the installation package does not automatically create a default directory for the IIS permissions.These permissions should be "files and folders page" set up.

In short, I hope that the installation package are not automatically create a default site, and after the installation folder will not create the default directory permissions,folder permissions which should be in my "files and folders page" created by,Please tell me the specific production methods.

Thank you very much, look forward to your good news!
Cosmin

Hi,
In the production package and install before I have to delete the IIS default site,but after the installation package will create a default site.
Please note that the default website is managed by IIS. If you remove it manually most likely IIS restores it. The installation package does not create the default website.
I hope the installation package does not automatically create a default directory for the IIS permissions.These permissions should be "files and folders page" set up.
Note that you can set permissions for a folder in the "Files and Folders" page through the Permissions tab of the "Edit Folder" dialog. If you set custom permissions for a website folder, your custom permissions will be used in IIS.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”