linggol

Driver uninstall problem under vista as a standard user

Hi,
I encounter a problem uninstalling a driver under vista as a standard user. It's mentioned, that the problem is solved in DIFx version 2.1.1. AFAIK AI uses version 2.1. Is it possible to upgrade the DIFx version used by AI?
Thanks in advance,
Oliver
Cosmin

Re: Driver uninstall problem under vista as a standard user

Hi,

The DIFx version used by Advanced Installer will be upgraded in a future version. Until then, you can manually overwrite the libraries from this folder:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\DIFxAPPv21\
After overwriting the files you can rebuild your project.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
linggol

I changed the files as suggested and Voila, now it works.
Thanks for your help,
Oliver
dzar

I think I'm having similar problems but I do not have the Caphyon folder in the location specified and don't see the DIFx directory at all. Under what circumstances should this exist? The problem I have is when doing Vista installs, the drivers don't get installed properly (it seems) so the new install doesn't work properly due to the Vista driver caching. Any other thoughts on why this might be?
linggol

If you're using Vista, I think the folder can be found in C:\ProgramData\Caphyon. Don't forget to turn on "Show all files" in the explorer :wink: . I guess the DIFxAPPv21 folder gets created by AI the first time you build a setup containing a driver.
Cosmin

Hi,

Indeed, the folder with the DIFx libraries is created only when building a package which contains drivers. Please note that this folder is used only for the drivers configured in the Drivers page.

Regards,
Cosmin
dzar

Thank you. I've had trouble with the driver install using that method in the past so abandoned it, but maybe I need to try, again. Are there any notes on Vista-specific install issues? The same installer that works on XP, flawlessly, fails half of the time on Vista machines. It's not clear why at this point, but we don't have many Vista installs, yet, to do some testing on. Any hints that are available would be welcome.
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm not sure why your package doesn't work correctly on Vista. If you can constantly reproduce the problem, please send us the AIP (project) file you are using and a verbose log of the install process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”