mikefry

Culture Specific Displays

Using 6.9.1

I see that there are a couple of things that slightly grate with the display of information on the "Files and Folders" display.

Firstly, the date and timestamps of files do not display correctly according to my Regional Settings on Windows 2000. Instead of the dates being shown in a dd/mm/yy format, they appear as mm/dd/yy

Secondly, when I try and sort the files on the Date Modified column, the results don't seem to make any sense at all, other than that the year seems to take precedence.

Can these two, irritating, cosmetic things be corrected in a future release, please?

--
Regards,
Mike Fry
Johannesburg
Cosmin

Re: Culture Specific Displays

Hi Mike,
Firstly, the date and timestamps of files do not display correctly according to my Regional Settings on Windows 2000. Instead of the dates being shown in a dd/mm/yy format, they appear as mm/dd/yy
I'm afraid that the date format is not changed according to the regional options. However, this improvement is on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version.
when I try and sort the files on the Date Modified column, the results don't seem to make any sense at all, other than that the year seems to take precedence.
This behavior is caused by a bug in Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. A bugfix will be included in a future release.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”