cferreira

ActionText and SQL scripts

Hi...

When Advacend Installer execute SQL Scripts, can I configure the action text that appears in status label? One of my scripts restores a database and takes some time. The status label don't show nothing during this...
cferreira

Re: ActionText and SQL scripts

I discovered why the status label not appear in the execution of SQL scripts. My installer is in Portuguese. I check the dictionary and some Strings don´t exist in portuguese dictionary. I think this is the problem...
Cosmin

Hi,

Are you using the "SQL Scripts" page? If so, the script execution should show a status. If this doesn't happen for you, can you please send us the .AIP file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also, please attach a screen-shot with the behavior you are encountering.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cferreira

Yes, I'm using SQL Scripts page. If I add some Strings that aren't on the portuguese dictionary why installer not use them? Example: The string with id AI.LaunchCondition.RAM isn't translated in Portuguese. I add this string to the dictionary file (ui_pt.ail) and translate them, but when I run the installer it appears in english.
Cosmin

Hi,
Yes, I'm using SQL Scripts page.
If the problem persists, please send us the .AIP file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also, please attach a screen-shot with the behavior you are encountering.
If I add some Strings that aren't on the portuguese dictionary why installer not use them? Example: The string with id AI.LaunchCondition.RAM isn't translated in Portuguese. I add this string to the dictionary file (ui_pt.ail) and translate them, but when I run the installer it appears in english.
To use the Portuguese dictionary the installation needs to run in Portuguese. An English install process will use the English dictionary. Also, please note that the dictionaries are used only by the MSI package. The bootstrapper and the Updater use custom dictionaries stored inside them.

Regards,
Cosmin
cferreira

To use the Portuguese dictionary the installation needs to run in Portuguese. An English install process will use the English dictionary. Also, please note that the dictionaries are used only by the MSI package. The bootstrapper and the Updater use custom dictionaries stored inside them.
Yes, I know. I find the problem. The changes that I make to dictionary appears in new projects. The projects that I have already saved one time, even I re-compile, does not take the changes.
Cosmin

Hi,
The projects that I have already saved one time, even I re-compile, does not take the changes.
I'm not sure why the old projects are not updated. You can try deleting their cache folder (if they have one). You should also make sure that the paths of the dictionaries are correct in the "Dictionaries" tab of the "Translations" page. Please note that Advanced Installer needs to be closed and re-opened to load the modified dictionaries.

Regards,
Cosmin
cferreira

I delete cache folder, close and re-opened Advanced Installer and didn't work. For example, I add the string with ID AI.LaunchCondition.RAM to Portuguese dictionary. Even I re-compile, modify dictionary and close and re-opened Advanced Installer, if I check the project file (.aip) the string with ID AI.LaunchCondition.RAM (for example), remains in english (when initially I make the project the String with this ID didn't exist).
Cosmin

Hi,

Perhaps the dictionary file is not edited correctly or it uses an incorrect encoding. Please note that it should be encoded as Unicode. If the problem persists, please send us the .AIP (project) file and the dictionary you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”