urjohn

Mixed installer control panel icons

I have been asked to build a mixed installer (i.e. 32/64). The problem I have is that I have two different versions of the control panel applet (cpa.cpl and cpa64.cpl) which need to be installed for the appropriate machine type. So that it installs only a single control panel applet I added the 32bit version to the 'Application Folder' and then added the 64bit version to am subfolder called 'CUST64' and put a condition on the folder so that on a 64bit install the contents of that folder are put into its parent folder (i.e. the 64bit version will override the 32bit), then I added a single applet to the Control Panel section which links to the 32bit cpl file in the 'Application Folder' and set an icon for this applet. This is all working fine except that when it is installed on a 32bit machine there is no icon shown in the control panel no matter what I do, the applet shows but without an icon. I have tried all sorts of different combinations and even rebuilt the entire installer but to no avail. The icon shows up fine on a 64bit machine...

Has anyone had this problem before, any ideas?

Thanks,
Cosmin

Re: Mixed installer control panel icons

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior? Can you reproduce it on multiple machines? If so, can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also, please specify the Windows version which shows the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”