stjohn

Enhanced user interface option bug - version 7

Hi Guys,
is there a bug with the 'enhanced user interface' option. When I turn it on, save, build and run the project I get a 'invalid command line' error. If I 'run with log' it seems to work ok...

cheers,
St.john
gigi

Re: Enhanced user interface option bug - version 7

Hi,

In order to investigate the problem please send us the AIP project file (if does not contain any confidential information) or a small test case reproducing the problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Also please specify on what OS you encounter the problem?

Regards,
Gigi
Gheorghe Rada
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
wyzerd

I have also seen this error. The aip probably isn't going to help. If you change the Version # and not the ProductCode, attempting to install the new version over the old version produces "Invalid Command Line" error.
Cosmin

Hi,

This message may be shown when the package uses both an external UI and an EXE bootstrapper. In this case, the installation needs to be launched through the EXE bootstrapper, not through the external UI EXE. A future version of Advanced Installer will generate a single EXE for both the prerequisites and external UI.

When installing a new version over an older package with the same Product Code the installer shows this message:
"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel."

If the problem persists, can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”