mtalisman

Support Either Outllook 2003 or 2007 in 1 Installer

I'm building an installer that adds functionality to Outlook 2003 or 2007. Installation code is identical for either platform.

If I use the Launch Conditions option, I can build an installer that requires Outlook 2003, or I can build one that requires Outlook 2007, or I can build one that requires BOTH 2003 and 2007. But what I really need is to be able to require EITHER 2003 or 2007.

The great thing about the Launch Conditions setting is that I don't have to write special logic to tell if Outlook is running, the script automatically complains before doing an uninstall when Outlook is in memory. But unless I can get that to work for Either flavor of Outlook, I need to build 2 different installers, which would be painful.
Cosmin

Re: Support Either Outllook 2003 or 2007 in 1 Installer

Hi,

I added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Until then, you can try using the predefined launch condition for Office 2003 and a custom launch condition for Office 2007. To detect Office 2007 you can use a search which finds this registry entry:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path
Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”