AlJones

Installation from EXTERNAL hard drive

I have a freeware program for which I'm using the Free version of Advanced Installer. One of my users downloads installs to an external hard drive and attempted to install my program from there. It fails with a message that it's an invalid install file (or her words to that effect). When she moved the same file to her internal hard drive, it installed flawlessly - hmmmmm .....

Any comments / suggestions (other than to tell people not to try to install from an external drive?)

//al
Cosmin

Re: Installation from EXTERNAL hard drive

Hi,

I'm not sure why this happened. Do other MSI packages work when launched from the drive with the problem? If they do, can you please send us a screen-shot with the error to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AlJones

Cosmi, I'll pass this on to my user and see if she'll oblige. The answer to your other question"she says that she saves all installation programs to the external and this is the only one that didn't run from there. I'll get back to you after she gets back to me, and she's been good about talking back and forth.
//al
AlJones

Cosmin, check your email; I've forwarded her message to you. //al

Return to “Common Problems”