Maverick

Service and multiple Instances

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 am

I create a setup which installs a exe file as a service and use multiple instances to run the setup again and create another service. As the application folder I use [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\rt[InstanceId] and on the service page the servicename would be CoCRealtimeNode.Service[InstanceId].

The install works properly, but when I want to uninstall a instance this didn't work. What i found out is that when I stop the service manually and run the uninstall it will work.

The settings on the service operation are stop and delete for the uninstall event. This setting worked in my other setups without multiple instances properly.

Regards

Maverick

Cosmin

Re: Service and multiple Instances

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Maverick,

Can you please give me more details about the problem you encountered? What is the exact behavior shown during the uninstall of an instance? Also, can you please send us the .AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Maverick

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Cosmin,

the behavior is that on an uninstall the setup ended permaturely when the servie is running before uninstall.

I've sended you the aip file.

Regards

Maverick

Cosmin

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 am

Hi,

Your project seems to be configured correctly. Also, we are unable to reproduce this behavior on our test machines. Can you please send us a verbose log of the uninstall process with the problem so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”