Mert

Populate comcobox with a dll file

Hi,

I need to populate a combobox with a c++ dll file but I get an error message during installation saying the dll function can not be run when executed and I can't find solution as everyone uses VBScripts

Thanks for your help
Cosmin

Re: Populate comcobox with a dll file

Hi,

Please make sure that the custom action uses the same structure as the sample in our User Guide. Also, the DLL should be added as a New Attached Custom Action. If the problem persists, please send us the .AIP and the DLL you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Mert

I did as you said and it worked thanks but now the setproperty function is not working I guess because I don't get the data into the property here is the line in dll

Code: Select all

UINT res = MsiSetProperty(hInstall, _T("MYTEXTBOX"), _T("Farm1"));
I do include the necessary libraries and dll is working I am sure but function is not is there something I am doing wrong here

this also applies to getproperty function too
Cosmin

Hi Mert,

Is the custom action set to run as Immediate? Please note that only immediate custom actions can access installer properties.

Also, is the property you are setting associated with a control? If it is, the control should be a simple edit box. Associating it with a combo or list box may not work. To populate list boxes and combo boxes you can use our predefined custom actions, after the custom properties are set.

If the problem persists, please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”