foxwood

v7.0.1 bootstrapper not tidying up

Hi,

Running an upgrade for an existing product we noticed there is a temp file created and left behind in the folder containing the bootstrapper eg RCX39D.tmp, RCX36A.tmp.

Same thing happend with two different product upgrades.

This did not happen with v6 and the only change to the aip (apart from version etc) is to add a new upgrade code to the Upgrades page. This was to permanently remove a different product the user may have installed which is now integrated with the new upgrade.

The folder is on a network drive which is mapped to a drive letter and the install lauched by double-clicking the exe.

The extract location on the Bootstrapper page is set to "[AppDataFolder][|Manufacturer]\[|ProductName]\install" - I presume this was set automatically by AI when the projects were originally created and just carry through all the time.

Should we just set the extract location to blank so that it uses the Windows temp folder which always has lots of left-over junk - not desirable but at least the user may not associate us with the rubbish left behind ?
Cosmin

Re: v7.0.1 bootstrapper not tidying up

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also, can you please provide an URL from where we can download the package which shows this behavior?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
foxwood

Re: v7.0.1 bootstrapper not tidying up

Hi Cosmin,

Looks like the file is actually being created by AI during the build just near the end of the MSI file signing.

I think this is related to another query I posted regarding "Could not set the version of the package" since the file creation is at the same point that message occurs.

Also, when doing a rebuild using the AI GUI, have had "Could not set the version of the package" happen in which case the file seems to remain - if no popup error then file deleted.

Have emailed direct regarding all this

Return to “Common Problems”