dhartg

Silent mode installation of prerequisites fails

First of all, thanks for the quick responses!

I'm now using AI to install three separate msi files. Each file simply installs an exe I'm using to test out the application. I plan to do this by setting each msi as a prerequisite. When in basic UI (setting the command line to /qb for each prerequisite) everything installs fine. However, in no UI mode (/qn) none of the prerequisites install properly. What could be causing this?

Thanks!
Bogdan

Re: Silent mode installation of prerequisites fails

Hi,

I'm not sure why are you encountering this behavior . Can you please send us the .AIP file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
franklopez

I am evaluating buying Advanced Installer and this is one of the requirements I have. Did this get resolved? What was the issue?
Cosmin

Hi,
I'm now using AI to install three separate msi files. Each file simply installs an exe I'm using to test out the application. I plan to do this by setting each msi as a prerequisite. When in basic UI (setting the command line to /qb for each prerequisite) everything installs fine. However, in no UI mode (/qn) none of the prerequisites install properly. What could be causing this?
We tested the projects you provided by using dummy source files, but unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this behavior. Can you please send us the installation package (including the prerequisites) which shows this problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?
I am evaluating buying Advanced Installer and this is one of the requirements I have. Did this get resolved? What was the issue?
We are still investigating this problem. Please note that most problems discussed on the forum are specific to the user which posts them and they are rarely caused by the application. Asking about the problems of other users without encountering the actual problems is a bit redundant. If you encounter problems or you have questions you can post on the forum or send us an email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”