Mert

Folder permissions

I need to give permissions to SQL server users present on the target computer for the folders that I install databases into and the name for that user is dependant on the SQL server name of that machine so how can I get that info and give the permission
GabrielBarbu

Re: Folder permissions

Hi,

Note that Advanced Installer does not support a direct search for usernames that are granted access to the SQL database. Nonetheless you can use a custom action to grab the usernames, then pass them to the installer, so that you do not need to input them manually during install.

If you want to input them manually, then follow these steps:
- first you should use the Dialogs page to create a new custom dialog, and use that to collect information such as the username you wish to grant folder access to.
- second, the installer should run with administrator privileges, so that it can create the folder, and grant the permissions
- third, go to Files and Folders page, create the folder you are refering to, and right click it, choose Properties, go to Permissions tab and use the property you collected in the dialog from point 1) and use it as a username. Then set the user's permissions for that folder.

Regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”