tkaufmann

NSIS import wizard problems

Hello,

I'm in the process of evaluating Advanced Installer.
As we are switching from NSIS, I've tried the NSIS script import utility.
The import completed successfuly, but when I click the "Files and Folders" option, the "Advanced Installer" hangs. I then re-opened the "Advanced Installer" application and waited longer, and after about 5 minutes, it regained control, but every operation I make on the right side tree control, the application hangs again, and this time for good.

I'm using version 7.1.2 Trial.

Any idea?
GabrielBarbu

Re: NSIS import wizard problems

Hello,

Can you send us your .aip project file or, if it contains sensitive information, a stripped down version that accurately reproduces this behaviour to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Thank you,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
tkaufmann

Hello Gabriel,

Sorry it took me so long to return to your message.
I believe I've tracked down the problem as related to network issues your producvt is suffering from. I've discovered this by building a new project from scratch and observing the same behaviour.
I'm using the wizard on my machine, while the actual files are located on a network share on our file server.
Every control that I use in your wizard that needs access to the networked files, results in application hang for few minutes.

Is this behaviour expected to happen? Any other member experience the same problem?

Regards,
Tzach.
GabrielBarbu

Hello,

I have tried reproducing this behaviour but to no avail. Perhaps there is a lot of traffic in your LAN. Have you tried adding only one file from the network share? Does it still hang? If so, please send us your .aip project file to support at advancedinstaller dot com

As a workaround, you can try copying the files to your local drive and add them to your project from there.

Regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”