JerryShaw

Directories marked readonly

My installers are marking the target directories as read-only. Some of the installed applications that need access to the directories are denied access. When trying to unmark the directory as readonly is unsuccessful, and it appears that the readonly attribute is not correct. To allow the other programs to write to the installed directories, I have to create a share on the target directory, and then the other applications work.
Does anyone know what is going on with this, and more importantly, how to resolve this with the installer.

Thanks,
Jerry
Bogdan

Re: Directories marked readonly

Hi,

I'm afraid we are unable to reproduce this behavior on our machines. Can you please give me more details about the:
- installation type of the package
- permissions set for the folders
- operating system on which the package is installed

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
JerryShaw

Advanced (Enterprise) Installer is installed on my Vista 64 machine.
The files that it collects into the package are also on this machine in C:\Program Files\Titan
The Target machine is an XP Pro sp3
No special properties set on the folders within the Advanced Installer Project.

I have tried however to set permissions to Everyone, and even tried creating a share from the installer, neither attempt helped. Backed out those changes.

Is it possible that the isntaller is somehow getting confused with the Vista 64 permissions on the Program Files directory (which as you know has special admin property settings).

Thanks for you reply, and I look forward to resolving this issue.... Will try anything
Jerry
Cosmin

Hi Jerry,
Is it possible that the isntaller is somehow getting confused with the Vista 64 permissions on the Program Files directory (which as you know has special admin property settings).
No, it shouldn't be a problem. Are the files accessed by an Administrator user account or by a limited user? Can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advanced Installer dot com so we can investigate it? Also, please provide an URL from where we can download the package with the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”