ctw_lty

Custom feature selection

sorry,I can't find how to build a new post in this website, so I post my problem here again

In my installer, I have several install Mode, and several feature. what should I do if I want to install some of the feature when some mode was chosen
Daniel

Re: Custom feature selection

Hello,

I've moved your post into a new thread.

To achieve what you want you could create a custom feature selection dialog.

When you need to create a new thread just use the top left button from our forums pages: [New Topic]
image.jpg
image.jpg (145.09 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ctw_lty

Thank you for your answer, I have read that solution, but that maybe some distance from what I want to realize.

I want to set some condition for feature to be install and the condition maybe some properties that would be set want some button was put. I've try this already, but it seem that the properties doesn't take effect
Daniel

Hello,

Please make sure the properties you are using are PUBLIC PROPERTIES. The public properties include only upper case letters in their names.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please give us more details (maybe exemplify) about your requirements.

All the best,
Daniel
ctw_lty

I've try that solution and It help, I can also use the vbs to control the feature tree selection.

but I still have a question, How can the I set the feature not to be display if it is not be selected in my vb script?

and I find that though maybe some solution in the helping document, It seem that I can get it effectively. How can I make better use of the document
Daniel

Hello,

You can set an installer property (HIDE_PROP) from your VB Script code accordingly and use the above property for two control conditions added on the feature selection control (e.g. check box) to hide respectively show the control depending on the property value.

You can find an example about how to set a control condition in our "Condition which controls to appear in HTML layout" article.

All the best,
Daniel
ctw_lty

sorry, I didn't make it clear
I Refer to that article "custom feature selection dialog", but didn't use the checkboxes or radio buttons to select the features. Still I use the quick selection tree to select the features and the vbscript to decide which features to be installed. I would like to using the vbscript to hide the features that was not choose int the quick selection tree. How can this be achieved ?
Daniel

Hello,

I apologize for my delayed reply. I had a bad cold and I was on sick leave.

Unfortunately it is not possible to achieve what you need when using a selection tree control. The only option will be to use instead another controls (i.e. check boxes).

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”