b1tzer0

Incremental Database Upgrade

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I am trying to build an installer that hosts several SQL Scripts each for a different version of the database.

What I am trying to accomplish is run a single installer to bring any of our clients up to the latest build of the database. The database itself has a table that indicates what version the user is currently on.

Is there a way to capture what version the database is on and conditionally run the upgrade scripts?

Currently if the user is behind 2 or 3 versions, they have to run each setup file to incrementally upgrade there database.

Thanks

mihai.petcu

Re: Incremental Database Upgrade

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Here's "Return Value from Database Server" thread to help with this.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Kokab

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:18 am

What I would like to do is use vbscript to see if the pack is installed. I've tested a script that does this and it works across different OSes. But it looks like there is no way to define a search that would test a global property to see if the script detected the pack. Any ideas on how best to deal with this problem?

___________________________________________________________________________________

We provide fast success in Testking cwna certification dumps exam and rhce certification by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success
Last edited by Kokab on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

If you want to check a property value (set from your VBS custom action) and depending on the result block or allow the installation, then you can use a custom launch condition. However, since the launch conditions are evaluated during "Paths Resolution -> LaunchConditions" standard action, your custom action would have to be scheduled before "Paths Resolution" action group.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario and about what you are intending to implement.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”