Prasad

Customization of Prerequisites Dialog

Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello,

During setup, I want to check a predefined prerequisite and if it is not present I just want to show some custom message and only the Finish button on Prerequisites Dialog .
But when setup.aip is run the appearing Prerequisite Dialog , contains few more buttons (Back, cancel) and checkboxes for the controls not installed. I don't want all these controls and for that I want to Edit the Prerequisites Dialog. When I open Dialogs tab, I can see all the other Dialogs like Prepare Dialog, Welcome Dialog etc, but Prerequisites Dialog is not available for customization/editing.

Someone please help me reagrding how to customize Prerequites Dialog and add/modify text/controls on it (as we can do on all other Dialogs available)

Daniel

Re: Customization of Prerequisites Dialog

Fri May 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Please keep in mind that "Prerequisites" dialog is a setup dialog created using our EXE bootstrapper and it isn't customizable.

In order to achieve what you want you should add your prerequisites as feature-based prerequisites. Then on "Dialogs" page you can create a new dialog and customize it accordingly with your prerequisite state.

If you have any questions let me know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Prasad

Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for reply....

Actually I need to display error message for prerequisite .NET 3.5 before Welcome Dialog as per following requirements :-

After Launching the setup, check for .NET 3.5 Prerequisite,
a) If .NET 3.5 is not installed, just show Dialog with OK button and text as ".NET 3.5 not installed. Install it manually". When OK is clicked, setup is stopped/finished.
b) If .NET 3.5 is installed, do not show Dialog, and directly proceed to display Welcome Dialog.

Please let me know how to accomplish this because when I tried to change the sequence of Custom Prerequisite Dialog to apppear before Welcome Dialog, I could not do it.

Daniel

Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Hello,

If you want to achieve your scenario, then you should add to your application package the ".NET Framework 3.5" predefined launch condition from "Launch Conditions" -> "Software" tab.

All the best,
Daniel

Prasad

Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi Daniel,

I have tried that scenario, but To fullfill my project requirement, I should neither display the page "Welcome to Prerequisite Wizard" nor should I display messages like "Click on check box to Install". I just want to display plain message ".NET 3.5 is not installed" with OK button on that Dialog/Message box. Clicking on OK button should stop the Installation....that's it ...(Currently clicking on Prerequisite Dialogs's Finish button, continues to start Installation and Welcome page)
If I make this as Pre-Install package in Prerequisites tab , Prerequisite Dialog appears before Welcome Dialog but I can't modify it.
If I make this as Feature Based package Prerequisites tab, I can modify Prerequisite Dialog but I am not able to display it before Welcome Dialog.
That's why I have come up with these queries.
Please refer to my previous post for requirements.

Daniel

Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Hello,

Please keep in mind that it is redundant to have .NET Framework 3.5 added to your application package,in the same time, as prerequisite and as launch condition. So, you should remove the prerequisite from your package in order to obtain what you want.

All the best,
Daniel

Prasad

Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks Daniel.

After carefully following your steps, I could display the .NET 3.5 prerequisite as per requirement.

Dan

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello,

Starting with the 13.2 version of Advanced Installer the pre-install prerequisites dialogs can be edited in the Dialgs page.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”