rrajasankar

LicenseAgreementDlg- End user license agreement

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi,

During installation, LicenseAgreementDlg doesn't show the license details in that Agreement Text box. Already, i specified the License.rtf file for that file configuration.

Still, the license details in Agreement Text box was empty.

How to configure this settings?

mihai.petcu

Re: LicenseAgreementDlg- End user license agreement

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 am

Hello,

There could be several reasons for this. First off there are two license dialogs:
- one for pre-install prerequisites configurable from the Dialogs page -> Bootstrapper UI
- the other (LicenseAgreementDlg) is displayed during the main installation and can be configured from the First Time Install tree on the same page

If you're dealing with a localization issue, you should follow How do I localize the EULA and ReadMe text? user guide article.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

rrajasankar

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply. We tried both these options. Still, the license text box was not shown.

Any other options?

mihai.petcu

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 am

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the EULA file. Just make sure you specified the correct path and you're using a valid .RTF file.

You can also try with other .RTF samples to isolate the issue. I attached a zipped sample .RTF file I found on the Internet which I tested and displays as expected.
sample.zip
(2.73KiB)Downloaded 519 times
All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

rrajasankar

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks Mihai,

We resolved this License display with newly created .rtf file. Its working fine.

Thanks for your help.

wavering

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Yes. I had this problem and it seems to have been caused by me saving a .txt file as an .rtf file. When I replaced my text with your sample the problem was resolved

So, your "licence.rtf" really does need to have some rich text in it (God knows why but who are we to argue with the computer? "Computer says no" and that's it)

Return to “Common Problems”