bblodgett

Common Application

Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:38 pm

Say I have two products. Each product installs an application and also a common application that both products use. So when the user uninstalls application "A" does Advanced Installer uninstall the shared application as well or can I tell it to leave it for application "B" that is still on the system.

A visual on this:
1. Install application "A" which contains shared program "C"
2. Install application "B" sometime later which contains shared program "C" as well.
3. If the user then uninstalls application "A" at some point how can I make it so the uninstall for application "A" does not removed the shared application "C" because application "B" still wants to use it?

Bo

bblodgett

I found the answer but I don't like it

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:41 pm

Uninstalling Application "A" actually removed the program that Application "B" still was using.. Thus breaking application "B". How so I make Advanced Installer not uninstall shared applications?

Bo

Philip

Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:16 pm

Hi,

For sharing an application between two products both products must install the shared application files.

The components that compose the shared application must have the same GUID in both products. Therefore you need to copy and paste the GUIDs from one project to another. To do this, go to the Organization view and select each component that is part of the shared application.

Note: The common application must be installed in other folder than each non-shared application folder.

Hope this helps,

Philip
Philip Petrescu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”