claudia.alexa

INI file doesn't support HE translations

HI,
I created my own HE translations for some strings, but not all of them are displayed correctly even if the system supports them.
so, the following settings were done:
- Prerequisites - Launch Conditions : windows 95 - unchecked
- Media - MSI : UTF-8 codepage - selected

The Control Panel - Description does not support HE - it displays "????? " instead of the correct string, even if for other languages (like FR or DE) all the specific characters are supported
On the other hand, other HE strings are displayed correctly (the ones in the registries, and the services ones).

I think this is because the INI file that the installer creates, is not Unicode encoded (it's Central European (windows) - Codepage 1250 - on Vista , and ANSI on XP)
Can you please fix this? I need it soon.

claudia
GabrielBarbu

Re: INI file doesn't support HE translations

Hi Claudia,

Please send your .aip project file or a stripped down version that accurately reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
claudia.alexa

it looks like I can't do that...
so my question is :
is AI hardcoded to only generate Ansi ini files?

or how can i get it to create Unicode for the cpl applet?

claudia
GabrielBarbu

Hi Claudia,

Windows Installer will only create Ansi ini files. However this is not a problem. The created Ansi ini will be written in the proper codepage.
To achieve what you want, simply do the following:
- in Control Panel, go to "Regional and Language Options".
- on the "Regional Options" tab, select Hebrew from the "Standards and Formats" group
- on the "Advanced" tab also select Hebrew in the "Language for non-Unicode programs"
- in Advanced Installer, on the Translations page select the "Show all possible languages" radio.
- from the list above, select Hebrew
- make sure the "Create separate packages" option selected
- now go to Control Panel Page in Advanced Installer, and create your applet there. Create an applet name using hebrew characters.
- on the toolbar button above, press "Build". From the build log, select the hebrew .msi installer and not the english one. The hebrew package will be created in a "/he/" subfolder in your project directory.
- now install the package on your system. The control panel entry should be in hebrew.

Regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”