LaleX

Windows Vista x64 Installation Problems

Hi,

I've created installers using Advanced Installer 7.6.1 and tested them on Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) and it works flawlessly. But when try to install them on Windows Vista (64-bit) it gives me the message "Another installation is already in progress..." (Retry | Cancel) just after i click the "Install" button. I've tried dozens of things but no avail. Note that this happens from an "advanced" installer with custom actions, services, etc. But also happens with simple installers that basically only install files on the machine.

Note: I've checked that there's no other installation running on background when i try to install them.

A fix is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
LaleX
GabrielBarbu

Re: Windows Vista x64 Installation Problems

Hello,

I am not sure what the cause of this is. Did you try on another Vista x64bit machine? We've never had reports of this before.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
LaleX

Hi,

I've found out that the cause was an installation (created on Advanced Installer) that was somehow "unfinished", even though it finished normally. I uninstalled it, and the problematic installation continued normally.

Still, i'm investigating what's the root of the former installer. I strongly suspect that it's having problems registering some dlls on GAC, since i configured it to do so.

Thanks,
LaleX
LaleX

Fixed the issue.

It was what i suspectd. The installation that was not finishing had the "Generate native image for private assembly" option checked and platform "64-bit" which is false, it's actually 32-bit. Anyhow, i unchecked "Generate native image for private assembly" from the assemblies that i was registering on GAC, and now everything is working fine.

Thanks,
LaleX

Return to “Common Problems”