selimatmaca

Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start service

Hi Folks,

I created a MSI file and want to run it also as a windows service. However I am getting "Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services" error message.I have read a lot of different posts about the error, but I have not found a solution yet. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Here is my settings for service:

and you can see my aip file from the link below. If you want I can e-mail it to you.
http://www.selimatmaca.com/images/stori ... /setup.aip

Thanks in advance.
mihai.petcu

Re: Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start service

Hello,

Since there was a synchronize option set on your application folder and we don't have access to your source files, we could not test and reproduce the service installation behavior.

However, as your settings seem ok, you can try to install your service outside Advanced Installer and see its behavior. You will then have to implement the installation setting requirements in your Advanced Installer project. Here is a similar thread which deals with this issue and has several solution scenarios you can try.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
selimatmaca

mihai.petcu wrote:Hello,

Since there was a synchronize option set on your application folder and we don't have access to your source files, we could not test and reproduce the service installation behavior.

However, as your settings seem ok, you can try to install your service outside Advanced Installer and see its behavior. You will then have to implement the installation setting requirements in your Advanced Installer project. Here is a similar thread which deals with this issue and has several solution scenarios you can try.

All the best,
Mihai
Hi Mihai,
I dont know how to install my service outside Advanced Installer and I looked up the similar threads but no solution for me.
Therefore, I unchecked the syncronize option from my application folder. It would be a big favor for me if you can test it for me, could you?
Here is my file:
http://selimatmaca.com/images/stories/docs/setup.rar

Thanks a lot,
Selim
selimatmaca

I created windows service by typing the code below:

sc create "vncserver" start= auto binpath= "C:\Program Files\Istanbul Sehir University\TightVNC\tvnserver.exe"

Service is created but does not start.
Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

So, I guess this is not a problem related to Advanced Installer.
Bogdan

Hi,

It seems so, please try to investigate what is the problem with the service. As soon as you can install and start it manually then you can test the
setup package built by Advanced Installer.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Vigoss

I have the same problem,and I have tried to solve this problem by this:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... rvice.html
but ,i failed to start the service.
It warns that the file(ntrights.exe) I want to install is not integrated.
My OS is win xp, I run the ntrights.exe directly,but nothing happend. So I guess it's the problem of the .exe file.
Any body meet this problem?How to solve this?
mihai.petcu

Hello,

Can you please send us a screenshot of the warning, the .AIP(project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”