paodelta

Error 2878 on StartMenuShortcutsDlg

The setup procedure fails due to this error:
DEBUG: Error 2878: On the dialog StartMenuShortcutsDlg the control ShDirComboBox has a possible value: SIGLA++. This is an invalid or duplicate value.
This happens because the folder SIGLA++ already exist in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu folder. The setup procedure completes with no error if this folder doesn't exist or if this folder exists in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Start Menu folder.

Is this issue related to AI or this is a standard behaviour of windows installer and AI doesn't have any control on this?

P.S.: my version of AI is 4.7.1

Best regards,
Paolo
gigi

Hi,

Yes this is a bug. The fix will be available in the next version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for reporting it.

Until then the workaround will be to remove the default value from the "Control Data..." of the "ComboBox".

Best Regards,
Gigi
paodelta

it works...

Until then the workaround will be to remove the default value from the "Control Data..." of the "ComboBox".
It works well, thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Paolo
paodelta

It works in the sense that now there isn't any error but witout any info in control data dialog there isn't any default value for the combobox that is showned blank in the dialog.

It's possible to have a default value without any control on existing value?

Best regards,
Paolo
gigi

Hi Paolo,

You remove something else (the init event that populates the combo). Delete the dialog and add it again in order to remake the init events. What you need to do is to select the comobobox and choose "Control Data..." from context menu. Remove the entry from the "Control Data" dialog.

Best Regards,
Gigi
paodelta

it doesn't work with 'Allow side by side install of diff..'

I've done exactly what you say, but it doesn't work. The combobox is empty, neither existing folder in my start menu are showned!

I think that the problem is concerned with the option 'Allow side by side install...'. With this option checked the combobox is empty, instead with 'Automatically upgrade older version...' checked the combobox shows the default value and all the existing folder of the start menu.

Now I can can solve checking 'Automatically upgrade...', but I need to allow side by side installation of different version of my app.
Is this the standard behaviour of Windows Installer?

Best regards,
Paolo
gigi

Hi Paolo,

Please contact us on support at advancedinstaller dot com in order to send you a fix for this bug.

Best Regards,
Gigi

Return to “Common Problems”