narasimhakashyap

Prerequisite SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net 4.0

Hello,
I included the "SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net 4.0" as a prerequisite in the setup creation project of my .Net application.
I want the installation to be a silent installation and so I've give "/qn" in Setup Files tab.
The problem here is, the folder for SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine is not created in the Prerequisites folder in the output folder of the project.
And hence, while installing my application it throws an error message saying one of the prerequisites is not installed properly.
I don't know what the problem is as I'm new to Advanced Installer.
Any help?

Thanks in Advance.

Narasimha Kashyap
Daniel

Re: Prerequisite SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net

Hello Narasimha,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
narasimhakashyap

I'm sorry where do I give the CommandLine for Creating the Log?
Daniel

Hello Narasimha,

In order to achieve this you can run the your installation package from Command Prompt (cmd.exe). Just open cmd.exe and use a command line like this:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i "C:\MyPackage\Example.msi" /L*V "C:\log\example.log"
if you have an MSI installation package, or a command line like this:

Code: Select all

"C:\MyPackage\Setup.exe" /L*V "example.log"
if you have an EXE bootstrapper installation package.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hello,
And hence, while installing my application it throws an error message saying one of the prerequisites is not installed properly.
Also, in the meantime, you can take a look on our "Why do I receive the 4154 warning?" article.

Please keep in mind that searches from "Prerequisites Install Condition" tab are performed twice:
- first to determine whether the prerequisite should be installed ( if the conditions are false)
- and second time, after the prerequisite has been installed, to determine whether the prerequisite install was successful ( when the conditions should be evaluated as true )

So, can you reevaluate the install conditions, for the prerequisite whose install was reported to have failed, and make sure they are valid ones?

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”