Advanced Installer offers a fast and uniform installation of your web applications on multiple servers without the need to manually configure IIS on every machine. Since it provides a tight Windows Installer integration it enables you to dynamically configure IIS settings through Formatted fields, Properties, Conditions, Installer User Interface. IIS servers from versions 5, 6 and 7 up to the latest 8 version are supported.
- Import your Web Applications
- Quickly configure web sites, virtual directories and application pools by importing directly from your working configurations
- Application Pools
- Assign specific configuration settings to a worker process (or processes) that services a group of applications
- Full customization of your Application Pools
- This unique feature of Advanced Installer lets you customize every aspect of your Application Pool's functionality
- Browse Web Sites, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Help your users to easily pick target web sites, virtual directories and application pools by showing an User Interface list with what is available
IIS package tutorial
A large palette of IIS settings and features that can be configured through Advanced Installer.
- Virtual Directories
- Configure and deploy Virtual Directories, associate a Web Application
- Configure IIS server
- Configure the IIS server, backup the metabase, open the Management Console, etc
- User Accounts integration
- Configure anonymous access for IIS or authentication fully integrated with the User Accounts functionality (both for web applications and pools)
- XML Updates
- Deploy and Update "web.config" files for advanced configuration options
- HTTPS/SSL configuration
- Configure HTTPS/SSL parameters for websites: bindings, digital certificates and options
- ASP.NET registration
- Register your ASP.NET (.NET 1.1/2.0/4.0) web application with IIS 7/7.5 or IIS 5/6. Registration from IIS 8/8.5 onwards is performed automatically when enabling the corresponding ASP.NET Windows Feature.
- Additional customizations
- Configure ISAPI filters
- Configure MIME settings
- Configure Application Mappings
- Configure Default Documents
- Configure HTTP Response Headers
- Configure custom HTTP Error Pages
- Enable FTP access for your applications
- Configure Custom Properties (Available from IIS 7, in addition to the previously mentioned dedicated UI features, custom properties help you modify the majority of IIS attributes/collections.)
These features complete your server configuration needs. Even if they are not IIS specific they can be used together with IIS in order to offer a versatile configuration capability: SQL Scripts, Assemblies, Windows Firewall, Control Panel Applets, Windows Services, Web Applications Prerequisites.