On March 30th, 2017 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 13.8 in Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Modernize your deployment, create a single EXE package that installs either an MSI, on Windows 7 or 8.1, or an AppX package on Windows 10, all from a single Advanced Installer project.
You can now create and customize Windows 10 Start Screen tiles for your application, even if you just deploy a standard MSI package. Check out the video above to see how easy it is.
We're not done, many more improvements were included too, along with the usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer. Check out the full list below.
- MSI UWP (Desktop Bridge) bootstrapper
- Create and customize Windows 10 Start Screen tiles from your MSIs
- Adding a folder and its content as temporary
- "Start Service" predefined custom action
- VSIX template path validation
- Import and configure Windows tiles from any MSI package
- Improved "Run in VM - Impersonate System Account" option to support packages with prerequisites
- Option to perform a "New Extended Search" in 64-bit locations
- Improved private property warnings in Dialogs page
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 7.0" prerequisite to latest version 7.0.75
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 8.0" prerequisite to latest version 8.0.41
- Various fixes that corrupted projects in Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio
- XML Update failed when a wrong backup template was specified
- Fixed crash when trying to load projects with SSRS resource changes from Table Editor
- Components with no KeyPath caused crash
- Control Panel icon index was not reset when setting the icon from CMD
- [InstanceId] property was set to the wrong value when dynamic multiple instances were installed
- Advanced Installer crashed during "New Build Configuration Wizard"
- "New Search" wizard failed to pick registry value
- "Test Search" ran as a 32-bit package type even when a 64-bit one was set
- Fixed crash when adding a new file search in certain scenarios
- Expand archive didn't extract files with UTF-8 names correctly
- Misleading error was shown when the first digit from the Product Version field was higher than 255
- Pre-validation on the Product Version field prevented changing the version
- When an image referred by the project was missing, the item was improperly located
- The bootstrapper did not pass UI command lines to the MSI
- The "Next" button was misleadingly disabled in the MultiInstancesDlg
- Reusing from cache was not working for CAB per feature when a feature was contained in more than one CAB
- The value of the "AI_FREE_DISK_SPACE" property was not passed to the "Install Execution" stage
- Repackager failed to configure shared folders on non-English machines
- Setup failed to detect that it was running in some VMware VMs
- "Use process monitor in conjunction with system scan" option wrongly excluded short path installation files