On July 26th, 2017 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 14.2 in Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Windows 10 updates are being released more often than ever. Keep your software up to date with the latest requirements from Microsoft, validate it using the Windows App Certification Kit (WACK), with just one click. Check the video below to see how we integrate the WACK in your build process.
Discover new capabilities from within Advanced Installer, watch and learn how to build reliable packages from our short training videos.
We're not done, many more improvements were included too, along the with usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer. Check out the full list below.
- Validate MSI and AppX packages using Microsoft's Windows App Certification Kit
- Java 9 support for Java Products
- Contextual pop-up learning videos
- Bootstrapper improvement to fallback on standard MSI UI when Enhanced UI is not mandatory
- Support building "Updates Configuration" and "Merge Module (MSM)" projects from Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio
- Full CLI support to edit "Updates Configuration" projects
- Option to keep in project files added by folder synchronization that are not on disk anymore
- Option to specify how to create components for files added by folder synchronization
- Detect when a synchronized folder's location was changed on the disk and keep its file components instead of re-creating them
- Message returned by the serial validation server is now saved into AI_SERVAL_RESPONSE_MESSAGE installer property
- Server HTTP response code for the "Send install information to your web server" custom action is now saved into HttpPostServerResponseCode property
- Improved PowerShell custom action support for setting MSI properties
- Navigate to referrer when searching for an icon attached to that resource (shortcut, EXE setup, Product Details page)
- Automatically detecting and removing Windows files from Mac OS builds to avoid build errors
- Text style support for "ScrollableText" control when Enhanced UI is enabled
- Silent uninstall command line did not work when Enhanced UI was enabled
- Text did not fit its control for pre-install prerequisites with Basic UI
- Background image was not available on uninstall in a package that used Spring theme
- "Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed" option was ignored for pre-install URL-based prerequisites
- "/SetPackageName" command option did not handle a package name with dot character correctly
- Strings that could not be localized were added in the "Project Strings" tab of an "Updates Configuration" project
- SQL Script Replace field was not picking up all available properties
- "Save As Transform" action failed for a specific MSI
- Fixed various issues related to the "Mixed 32/64-bit Package" wizard
- The installer language was not correctly displayed in certain scenarios