How-To for configuring the package and the installed application.
- Files and Folders
How-To for using and configuring files and folders.
- Services and Processes
How-To for using and configuring services and processes.
- Custom Actions
How-To for configuring specific custom actions.
- Implement software identification
Steps to be considered when implementing software identification
- Restart the machine after the installation
How to restart the machine after the installation.
- Make the package install per-user or per-machine
How to make the package install per-user or per-machine.
- Add HKCU registry entries or per-user files for all
Installing per user resources.
- Create MSI wrapper over EXE installers
How to create a MSI wrapper over EXE installers.
- Create a silent installation package
How to create a silent installation package.
- Single-click run my application from its installation
How to create a basic installation package that always launches the application.
- Install resources based on the OS version
How to install resources based on the Operating System version.
- Configure server-side serial number validation
How to configure server-side serial number validation.
- Validate serial number during Wizard Dialogs Stage
How to validate the serial number only during Wizard Dialogs Stage.
- Collect installation data and send it to a web
How to collect installation data and send it to a web server.
- Implement self-healing into the application
How to implement self-healing into the application.
- Installing Driver
How to install a driver.
- Deploy certificates required by Office 2010
How to deploy a certificate needed by Office 2010
- Installing Screen Saver
How to install a screen saver.
- Windows Restart Manager
How to add support for Windows Restart Manager to an application.
- Create a log
How to create an installation log.
- Create a chained installation
How to create a chained installation.
- Create an Access Database installer
How to create an installer for an Access Database.
- Create a web-based installation package.
How to create a web-based installation package.