- Installer - New Generic or Specialized Installer Project
- Java - New Java Installer Project
- Updates - New Patch or Updates Configuration Project
- Add-Ins -New Office, Visual Studio Add-in or Visual Studio Extension.
- Merge Modules - New Merge Module Project Configuration Project
- Mobile - New Windows Mobile packages
- Import - Import a project created with another tool
- Custom Templates - Use a custom template for a new project
If you need help use the F1 keyboard shortcut.
Creating a new project
Select a project type and pressor double click on a project type.
Opening a recent or existing project
Select "Open" menu entry and choose a recent project or press.
Enabling "Automatically load most recent project" option will skip the Start Page next you launch Advanced Installer.
Canceling the project creation
If a project is already open, simply press thebutton.
Use wizard to create the project
Enable this option if you want to create the project using a wizard. More information about wizards and a list of them can be found in our Wizards page.
Not all project templates support disabling this option.
Here you can select the language in which the project will be created. Additional build languages can be specified later in the Languages Tab tab, on the Translation page. By default the drop-down list contains only the languages for which translation dictionaries are registered in Advanced Installer. Additional dictionaries can also be added from the this page.
To select a language which doesn't have a translation dictionary, use the “More...” option from the drop-down list to bring up the Select Language Dialog.
- Installer Projects
Specialized Templates and Generic Installer projects.
- Java Projects
Starting Java Installer projects.
- Updates Projects
Advanced Installer Updates projects.
- Add-In Projects
Add-In installer projects
- Merge Modules Projects
Starting Merge Modules projects.
- Mobile Projects Type
Mobile Projects Type
- Importing Projects
Import in Advanced Installer projects created with other tools.
- Custom Templates Projects
Custom Templates Projects
- Select Language Dialog
The "Select Language" dialog in Advanced Installer.