GitHub Integration

Request new features that you would like to see in the next version of Advanced Installer.
marceloavf

GitHub Integration

Post by marceloavf » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm starting this topic with a proposal of a deep integration with GitHub plataform, allowing to release our software using GitHub as a provider.
This include:
  • Update:
    Allow to auto-update from GitHub, checking their API for new releases. This can also allow to use the generate .txt file from your Update System to connect to some inside releases link, the only limitation for that now is the use of Private repositories, that we need to provide a GH_TOKEN to access, it now only access a direct link.
  • Publish:
    Allow Publishing artifacts to GitHub Releases in Public and Private mode, accepting GH_TOKEN for both of them, having some options:

* repo String - The repository name. or Detected automatically.
    * owner String - The owner of the repo to create the URL, eg. github.com/owner/repo/releases/download/versionTag/buildOutput.msi
    * token String - The access token to support auto-update from private github repositories.
    * private Boolean - Whether to use private github auto-update provider if GH_TOKEN environment variable is defined.
    * releaseType String - "draft" | "prerelease" | "release" - The type of release. Allow user to specify if he wants some clients to receive a prerelease for test proposal

I would love to see this, and also some of the costumers would love too.
If this get into production, the priority could be the Update, since this should work properly with the already implement update system from Advanced Installer.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Re: GitHub Integration

Post by Daniel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for your suggestion. I've noted it down on our feature request list and hopefully we will be able to provide dedicated Git integration in the future.

Once such feature will be released we will update this thread.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

kmullen

Post by kmullen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:55 am

Any updates on this feature?

Catalin

Post by Catalin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:28 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, this improvement has not yet been added.

I have now increased its priority and hopefully it will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

We will update this thread as soon as this improvement will be implemented.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube