siebrasse

In File Redirections what does Exclusion mean

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 am

I have probably overseen the documentation about the two options in the File Redirections tab:

- Read only
- Exclusion

Does that documentation exist?

I'm also looking for a good description of what we can do with File name pattern. So far I have run some test to see how it works but it puzzels me.
for example I would assume that the pattern .*\.[a-k] would exclude a file with extension log. But it doesn't.

siebrasse

Re: In File Redirections what does Exclusion mean

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:53 am

overseen should have been overlooked.

The question remains can any one point me to the documentation of file redirections that include the options Read only and Exclusions?

Catalin

Re: In File Redirections what does Exclusion mean

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:56 am

Hello,

You are indeed right, there isn't any documentation regarding the two options as of this moment.

We do, however, have this on our TODO list and hopefully it will be added in our help soon.

Regarding your question, here is the definition of the two options:
isExclusion

(Optional) When true, redirection operations are not allowed on this pattern match. This value defaults to false when not present, but when set to true to implement an exclusion as described below.
and
isReadOnly

(Optional) When true, a copy on access and redirection operation is performed, but the copy should be read-only to prevent changes.
Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”