NovaES

WebView2 Prerequisites

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:29 pm

It would be important to include the runtimes in the installation for installers as many programmers are migrating IE features to WebView2 (Microsoft Edge) for our applications.

Catalin

Re: WebView2 Prerequisites

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Hello,

We already have this improvement on our TODO list of improvements.

When this will be added, I will make sure to followup on this thread.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 19.0 of Advanced Installer, released on December 17th, 2021.

Best regards,
Catalin

AndyL

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:29 pm

It's great to have this available as a predefined prerequisite, but as of AI 20.1, it needs some tweaks to work correctly.

On install, it fails with a CRC error if you chose the "download from URL" option. I think Microsoft frequently changes the file that's on the end of that URL. The Integrity Check option in AI needs to be turned off on this prerequisite for it to install successfully.

If WebView2 is already installed, the prerequisite fails to detect it under some circumstances. It's configured to look for only one registry key, but as per here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/micro ... -installed
there are 4 that should be checked to detect per-machine and per-user WebView2 installations on 32- and 64-bit. (Actually 2 of them seem to be the same, so I guess only 3.)
webview2 prereq.PNG
webview2 prereq.PNG (60.53KiB)Viewed 42071 times

Catalin

Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 am

Hello Andy,

Thank you very mcuh for your followup on this.

This will for sure be helpful for further users facing a similar scenario.

I will forward this to our dev team and see whether we can add the requested conditions.

However, I'm not quite sure if we can do something about the link. As you mentioned, Microsoft somehow changes the download links for some of their products (I've seen this in the past for .NET Framework, for instance).

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Feature Requests”