FergusMurray

Re: Suggestions for predefined prerequisites

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

I know we have IIS version listed on the Software section of the launch conditions, is there any way we can get something to check whether the ASP.NET role is present too, spent an hour on a webex trying to figure out why our application wasnt working, when it turns out the ASP.NET role service hadnt been installed for IIS

Bogdan

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 am

Hi,

@themaniac27 Yes you can, we present this in the following tutorial.

@FergusMurray We cannot check that, but we are working on a new predefined custom action, with dedicated UI, that will give you the option to install Windows Features, very similar with the support from Control Panel. So in the future you can add that custom action and simply select the component you want to be installed on the machine, if they are found to be missing.

Best regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

LaughingJohn

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Windows Identity Foundation would be handy!

Reed

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Python (3.3 or 2.7 seem to be the most common) would be a nice one as a prerequisite option.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 am

I'm currently evaluating Advanced Installer for my company and ran into a problem with the VS2012 C++ Redistributable. Originally programs created with VS2012 would not run under XP or Windows Server 2003. Microsoft made an update which allows XP to once again be targeted:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 51139.aspx

The C++ Redistributable that's under Prerequisites is for the initial version of VS2012. The Update 1 Redistributables (U1R) can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679

I've only been using Advanced Installer for a couple hours, so don't know how configure it to use the U1R, but I have confirmed that our software will install and run correctly if I manually install U1R.

Daniel

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can add the related U1R in our "Prerequisites" page. For example you can add the prerequisite package as a file from disk. Then, in the "Prerequisite Install Conditions Tab" you can configure its install conditions accordingly with the "System Requirements" section of the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1" article.

If you have any questions let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Darrell Spice, Jr.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 pm

I was able to figure out enough on Friday to make it install. I copied the settings for the original C++ redistributable, changed it to point to U1R, added XP in the Supported Windows Versions, and finally changed the Runtime Minimum Version it checks for to 11.0.51106. I'll review those System Requirements to make sure I didn't miss anything.

One thing I haven't figured out is the C++ Redistributable pops up its own set of dialogs for its install. With the old tool deployment tool, that we used in VS2005, the C++ runtimes were silently installed. I see a Silent Install Command Line box to fill in on the prerequisite's Setup Files tab, but didn't see any command line options in the Visual Studio 2012 Readme File.

Thanks,
Darrell

Daniel

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 am

Hello Darrell,

You can try to use this command line:

Code: Select all

/q /norestart
for the related prerequisite. Also, if your main installation package is launched with Full UI, then you should set the above silent command line in the "Prerequisites Setup Files tab -> Install Command lines -> Full UI" field.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel

JeffLawson

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Please see my prerequisites requests here:

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... 101#p66101

Eug

Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:33 am

I would like for the Windows Installer 4.5 prerequisites to give the option of having AI download the files from a URL, similar to the way it's done for the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.

Daniel

Fri May 29, 2015 8:11 am

Hello,
I would like for the Windows Installer 4.5 prerequisites to give the option of having AI download the files from a URL, similar to the way it's done for the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.
This improvement has been added starting with Advanced Installer 11.1 version.

All the best,
Daniel

Tobias

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:47 am

.NET Framework 4.6.1 has been released on monday:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archive/ ... lable.aspx

MichaelD

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Powershell 5.0 as soon as it is released again.

Dan

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer as soon as the Powershell 5 will be out.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

clint

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:47 am

Hi,
I would be helpful if you could add the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (Microsoft Office 12 Access Database Engine Object Library) )to the prerequisites?

The download for 64/32 bit Service Pack 1 is located at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2460011

You have the Access 2010 Runtime, but I do not need to have all of my customers install all of that, but instead, just what is needed for ACEDAO.
The application in which needs it is not an Access program and doesn't need the Access runtime.
It only accesses the data in the ACE/Jet database through a Visual Studio program which gets installed as previously olnly the DAO/Jet needed to be installed.

This ACE Engine is the replacement for DAO 3.6 and Jet4 Engine, as can be seen under https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... Technology "What about the Microsoft JET Engine?".

Thank you!
clint

<EDIT> There is a newer version - SP2 from 07 Jan. 2016
(64bit and x86)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=13255
Last edited by clint on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Requests”