timryder

Help with my project

Hello all,

I am trying to create a dialog for my installer which will prompt the user after the install of my MainFeature to enter a "plugin code" If the value of this code is = to something I am looking for it will copy a file out of either the .msi directly or an external folder same directory where the .msi exists. Then it will copy a file (Specifically named) out of this and paste it into a folder within the Application Folder.

I have never done this so I could really use some help programming this in AI... i know C# and VB.net if some scripting is needed.

Thanks in Advance.
Bogdan

Re: Help with my project

Hi,

From what I see you want a dialog to appear after SetupTypeDlg to appear only if MainFeature was select for installation. Is this correct?

If so, here are is an article to show you how to place a dialog after SetupTypeDlg and another one which explains how to display it conditionally.

You will need to get the feature's state, which requires some custom code to be written by you, here is something to help, in order to detect if the MainFeature was selected or not.

The copy operation of the file can be done using our predefined support for file operations.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”