Assassin

Change And Customize The License Dialog (Trial.DLL)

It would be a nice feature to give the user the ability to edit the trial dialog form to make it fit in with the application your using it with.
Instead of just taking the application icon and generating a custom form giving the user the ability to
edit the text on the trial popup on the background and menu bar etc... :ugeek:
Bogdan

Re: Change And Customize The License Dialog (Trial.DLL)

Hi,

This improvement is already on our TODO list. In the meantime you can do some customization, but in the meantime
you can still customize the UI, just you will have to do it manually by editing the fragment "Trialware.aip", which you can find in the install folder of Advanced Installer on your machine.

After you edit it make sure you restart Advanced Installer, so it loads the changes.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
murug86

Hi,

As said above, i found the Trialware.aip in the fragments folder. But when i try to open it, it says :
Trialware.png
Trialware.png (23.74 KiB) Viewed 43240 times

How did you mean, i can edit this?
Has this feature been implemented as of now?
I have a licensed version(8.4), can i get a patch for this?

Thank you.

ASH
Assassin

Yea i never got round to editing it either.
You get this in version 9.4 too. I guess we will have to wait for a reply but i believe that
you can edit it but it would be best to wait for the AI team to just implement this into there program :mrgreen:
Cosmin

Hi,

Fragment files cannot be opened directly in Advanced Installer. But they are simple XML files, just like .AIP project files. So you can open them with a text editor and modify them (text editing).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
murug86

Yea..

I got round to doing that.
I made a copy of the "Trialware.aip", and renamed the original to "Trialware-ORIGINAL.aip". (just incase i screw something up)

Then Opened the "Trialware.aip" in an editor, and changed Some Static Text that appears on that Trialware pop up EX:

Key="TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays" Value="Welcome to %TrialName% Trial..."

to

Key="TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays" Value="Welcome to %TrialName% Enterprise Edition."

Then reloaded my Applicatio.aip & regenerated the EXE.

BUT NOT DIFFERENCE. THe opo up still shows : "Welcome to MyApplication Trial..." :shock:
mihai.petcu

Hello,

Is this the row you edited?

Code: Select all

<ROW Trialware="alltrials" Section="Strings" Key="TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays" Value="Your %Quantity% days trial has expired. If you want to continue using %TrialName% you must purchase a license and register the application." ValueLocId="TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays"/>
You should check again because that message is stored in the following row:

<ROW Trialware="alltrials" Section="Strings" Key="TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader" Value="Welcome to %TrialName% Trial" ValueLocId="TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader"/>
All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
murug86

Hi,

I've edited both these lines :

<ROW Trialware="alltrials" Section="Strings" Key="TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays" Value="Welcome to %TrialName% Enterprise Edition. To use %TrialName%, kindly register the application." ValueLocId="TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredPage#MsgCaptionDays"/>

<ROW Trialware="alltrials" Section="Strings" Key="TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader" Value="Welcome to %TrialName% Enterprise Edition" ValueLocId="TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader"/>

Also, i'm attaching the modified Trialware.aip

Let me know where am going wrong.
Attachments
Trialware-Enterprise.aip
(32.17 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
mihai.petcu

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I had the testing team investigate the issue.

Indeed we can replicate this behavior, but unfortunately the developer responsible for this part of the application is currently on vacation. We'll get back to you by the end of the week once he can debug and clarify the reason.

All the best,
Mihai
mihai.petcu

Hello,

After further analysis it seems changing that text can only be achieved by changing the text from the dictionary. For example if you have the English dictionary included in your project, you should change the text associated with the following localization identifier:

TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader
All the best,
Mihai
murug86

Dictionary..?? You mean ..Advanced Installer 8.9\dictionaries\.. ??

I edited the following file : ui.ail
ui.txt
Actual filename [ui.ail]. Changed extension to .txt to attach it
(176.15 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
I'v changed the TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader id's value as below:

<STRING id="TrialwareSettings.alltrials#Strings#TrialExpiredExtPage#PageHeader" value="Welcome to %TrialName% Enterprise Edition"/>

BUT STILL NO CHANGE :(
The only other .ail files in english are ui_en.ail and ui_en_GB.ail

Just now i also tried changing ui_en.ail as well.. no effect

NOTE: I reverted the Trialware.dll changes when i made the changes in this dictionary files.
Assassin

It would probably be better if advanced installer just got this feature added to the program instead of having to mess around with dictionaries and stuff

Any ETA on this guys? :oops:
Cosmin

Hi,
You mean ..Advanced Installer 8.9\dictionaries\.. ??
Yes. Please note that you need to restart Advanced Installer and rebuild your project for the change to be applied.
It would probably be better if advanced installer just got this feature added to the program instead of having to mess around with dictionaries and stuff
This is already on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version. I'm afraid that we cannot offer an ETA for now.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
friction

Hi Cosmin,

Our company has the Enterprise edition - are there improvements for this request and if there's any ETA?

And I just noticed that the Trial dialog will display a different kind of window for 32bit and 64bit OS - is there a way to make this consistent?
For example I want to use the dialog displayed for 32bit on 64bit OS because 64bit OS is backward compatible anyways (can run 32bit apps)
- I prefer the 32bit one because it's a lot more consistent - because there's a Try, Register, Buy in the initial window.

Hoping for your response,
peterdunckel

Hello,

Are there any updates on this feature request? I would like to customize the Trial form. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Peter

Return to “Feature Requests”