ifoko

Do not show empty prequiste window

Hi,

In a next version please do not show empty prequiste window.

Showing a empty prequiste window is a bad customer expirence.

See also http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... =2&t=21340

best regards
Cosmin

Re: Do not show empty prequiste window

Hi,

We added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ifoko

Hi,

Do you made any progress?
My software is depended on .Net 4.5 and it is not a good customer experience, to show an empty window, when the prerequisites are already installed.

regards
ifoko

Hi,

I read in the patch notes that this feature should have been implemented. Unfortunatly this does not work by me. I use version 9.7.
Is this correct?
Should there be now a empty perquiste window or not?
Mainly I use it for .Net 4.5, if already installed please show now empty window.

best regards
Bogdan

Hi,

Yes, in version 9.7 the empty PrerequisiteDlg dialog should not be displayed. Have you made sure the package was rebuilt after you upgraded to 9.7? i.e. delete the entire output folder and issue a new build.

If the problem persists can you please try the same prerequisite in a new project to see if this just an upgrade problem in your case?

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
ifoko

Hi,

In a new project it works correct. Only in my project .aip which I created before it does not work - even with 1:1 same prerequisites.

Why does this behave different and what can I do?

best regards
ifoko

Hi,

Can I get please a little help?
Bogdan

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

For the old project, can you please delete the prerequisite from it and the predefined PrerequisitesDlg dialog, build the package, then add them back and rebuild it again?

Also, a note regarding your first post. You said the user sees the empty dialog when the prerequisite is already installed.
This should never happen, if the prerequisites is installed it should see it in the list and the package should mention it will be skipped, as in the attached screen shot.

The only moment when the dialog was empty was when the launch conditions set for that prerequisite from Install Conditions tab did not validate it as being available for installation, i.e. for example if Win XP is unchecked for your prerequisite in the supported OSes list.

Best regards,
Bogdan
Attachments
prereq.jpg
prereq.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 47664 times
ifoko

Hi,
I did what you said, but same result. see picuture.
I am making something wrong?
best regards
Attachments
Empty-Prequistes.png
Empty-Prequistes.png (131.2 KiB) Viewed 47638 times
Bogdan

Hi,

The settings look to be correct. Have you done this in a new project or is this the older project of Advanced Installer that you mentioned above? Can you please send me the that project?

EDIT

I had a looked over your screenshot and also the project you sent me by e-mail. Please note that you have a pre-install prerequisites. This type of prerequisite is installed before the main MSI is launched.

The predefined "PrerequisitesDlg" dialog that we provide lists, and is affected, only by feature-based and post-install prerequisites. Since you have only a pre-install prerequisite you should delete it from the
project entirely, from Dialogs page. For the pre-install prerequisite we already provide a predefined dialog that appears only if the prerequisite is not already installed, before the main installation starts.

Best regards,
Bogdan

Return to “Feature Requests”