yingjie

Help,Write configuration text encryption

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 am

I have been in the dialog box using the database connection test, there are server address and a user name and password. The installation process I will send for detecting user input user name and password to write to a web.config, but there is no encryption, I want the inside of the username and password is encrypted, ask how to encrypt, thanks.

yingjie

Re: Help,Write configuration text encryption

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 am

thanks, :D

Cosmin

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi,

I added this feature on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.
In the meantime, a solution is to use a custom action. It will need to read installer properties, encrypt their values and update them so they can be used by the installer.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

jjones

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 am

The custom action suggestion works fine. We wrote our encrypt / decrypt functions in a C# CustomAction project and just call the functions. I created four properties - SQLPWPLAINTXT, SQLPWENCRYPT, SQLUSERPLAINTXT, SQLUSERENCRYPT - that I use in the installer. The C# functions reference these properties directly (using session["<PropertyName>") so once the user enters the SQL configuration and tests the connection it will encrypt the values and write them to the our .config file as encrypted strings.

ephraimdov

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 am

Hope this will help you.....C# Encryption

Dov

Daniel

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:05 am

Hello Dov and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for contributing to our forums. Certainly this info will be useful for future users.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”