thlucas

Add Pre-Defined List of Files

Hi Cata,

Another suggestion for you after reviewing the version 2.0.2 that I just installed ...

Suggestion #1

- Ability to add pre-defined list of files to a group by clicking on a pre-defined list entry. For example, I want to add all files that are required by Visual Basic 5/6. I currently have to search through the WIN32 directory and add numerous files to the system32 group for every new project that I create. I always have to go back and reference another project to see what files to add.

It would be nice if I could pre-define these files as a "Group", then simply click on the Group to add the files to a Project. It would be easy to configure these groups via an INI file, or via a "Global Configuration" interface in the product. The key is the ability to select a group for any new / existing project.

example.

Group: Visual Basic Run-Time Support Files
MSVBVM60.DLL, Windows System, Auto-Register file.
COMCTL32.OCX, Windows System, Auto-Register file.
MSWSOCK.DLL, Windows System.

Group: Visual C++ Run-Time Support Files
etc ...

Suggestion #2

Add a "Group Name" column to "Files, Folders, and Shortcuts" display to allow a group name to be assigned to a file for sorting purposes. This allows me to sort the files by group, to see what files were added to support what feature. This relates to the above feature suggestion.

Thanks,

Todd Lucas

Return to “Feature Requests”