Andrey

Localized DialogBitmap, BannerBitmap

I'm writing multilingual installer with the classic theme. I have some text in DialogBitmap and BannerBitmap, but there is no option in advanced installer to make the bitmaps localized. Please add the feature to localize DialogBitmap and BannerBitmap just like LicenseAgreement.

Thanks,
Andrey.
Dan

Re: Localized DialogBitmap, BannerBitmap

Hello Andrey and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

In order to achieve what you want Advanced Installer gives you the possibility of creating multiple builds.
So, in the Media page and use the [New Build] toolbar button to create as many builds as you want.

Then, in the Themes page select the "More Options" button and a new listbox will appear. This listbox contains the images that can be changed and are being used by the current theme.
You can specify for each build from the toolbar list to use a different DialogBitmap and a BannerBitmap customizable images.

You can also take a look on the Branding of the installer forum thread which debates a similar subject.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Andrey

Thanks for reply!

I have added 4 builds and changed DialogBitmap and BannerBitmap in each build. So i have "en", "ru", "cs", "es", "it" builds.
But when I run my installer on any language I always see the banners from "en" build.
How can I force it to select build according current system language?

Note:
I have tested on english and russian versions of windows and by setting language property in command line:
msiexec /i <path_to_msi> ProductLanguage=1040 (1029, 1033, 1034, 1049)
Dan

Hi Andrey,
I have added 4 builds and changed DialogBitmap and BannerBitmap in each build. So i have "en", "ru", "cs", "es", "it" builds.
But when I run my installer on any language I always see the banners from "en" build.
How can I force it to select build according current system language?
Since a build is defined for each language, all you have to do is to run the related build.

However, there is another approach for this.
Please note that the DialogBitmap and BannerBitmap already have a property assigned. If you select the DialogBitmap in the Dialogs page, you can see that its Indirect Property is DialogBitmap. For the BannerBitmap resource is assigned the BannerBitmap Indirect Property.

You can set this properties to load a specific resource (e.g. specific bitmap or dialog bitmap).
In order to achieve that, you can go in the Images tab from the Themes page. For example, you can add a new image for the banner and another one for the dialog for each language.

Then, in the Custom Actions page, you can add the predefined Set installer property custom action with sequence. You can schedule this custom action before the Searches stage from the Wizard Dialogs Stage.
You can add two custom actions, one for the DialogBitmap and one for the BannerBitmap.

Also, you need to add this set of custom actions (one for the bitmap and one for the banner) of each language (e.g. French, German etc.)

Since each bitmap and banner depends the installation language, you can condition the custom action execution using the ProductLanguage property. (e.g. for French you can add ProductLanguage = 1036 statement in the condition field of the custom action).

Please find the attached zip archive which contains a sample project which implement your scenario.

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan
Attachments
Change DialogBitmap And BannerBitmap.zip
(59.74 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
Andrey

Thanks a lot, Dan!
Second solution works perfect!

__
Best regards,
Andrey
Dan

You're welcome Andrey,

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,
Dan
digocesar

Hi Dan.
I'm trying to localize some imagens on installer and use multiple builds is not one option.
I had implemented the Custom Action way and it works. But it doesn't work when using a PNG image. Just work for JPG.
It is correct? Just work for JPG image?
Dan

Hello,

If you try to change the DialogBitmap or BannerBitmap in the Themes page, the supported files are:
  • Bitmap files (*.bmp)
  • JPEG files (*.jpeg, *.jpg)
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
digocesar

Hi Dan.

I'm not trying to change DialogBitmap or BannerBitmap. I had included a new image in Themes > Images and give to it the property name BrandInfo. In this imagens is accepted PNG file. There is diferences between DialogBitmap and other images? Why can not be PNG?

Best regards,
Rodrigo Cesar
Kamp

Hello!
Dan wrote:You can set this properties to load a specific resource (e.g. specific bitmap or dialog bitmap).
In order to achieve that, you can go in the Images tab from the Themes page. For example, you can add a new image for the banner and another one for the dialog for each language.

Then, in the Custom Actions page, you can add the predefined Set installer property custom action with sequence. You can schedule this custom action before the Searches stage from the Wizard Dialogs Stage.
You can add two custom actions, one for the DialogBitmap and one for the BannerBitmap.

Also, you need to add this set of custom actions (one for the bitmap and one for the banner) of each language (e.g. French, German etc.)

Since each bitmap and banner depends the installation language, you can condition the custom action execution using the ProductLanguage property. (e.g. for French you can add ProductLanguage = 1036 statement in the condition field of the custom action).

Please find the attached zip archive which contains a sample project which implement your scenario.

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.
This method does not want to work at the "Pre-install UI". Can I do something wrong or is it normal behavior?
Daniel

Hello,

To make it work for the Pre-install UI dialogs too, you can follow these custom steps:

1. go to "Themes" page -> "Images" tab and add the custom images (i.e. DLG_BANNER_PFRENCH, DLG_BITMAP_FRENCH, DLG_BANNER_GERMAN and DLG_BITMAP_GERMAN)
2. go to "Custom Actions" page and add "Set installer property" custom actions with sequence (scheduled in "Wizard Dialogs Stage" before "Searches" action group) which conditionally set the "DialogBitmap" and "BannerBitmap" properties to the desired custom banner or dialog image property (i.e. DLG_BANNER_PFRENCH, DLG_BITMAP_FRENCH, DLG_BANNER_GERMAN and DLG_BITMAP_GERMAN)
3. go to "Table Editor" page and select the "BootstrapperUISequence" table
4. in this table add a row for each "Set installer property" added in "Custom Actions" page; each action row added should have a sequence number lower than "PreparePrereqDlg" action row

For more details please check the attached sample. All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Kamp

Hello, Daniel.

Thank you! It works.
Daniel

You are always welcome.

All the best,