jason2

Support Windows 10

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:25 pm

jason2

Re: Support Windows 10

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:10 am

Wow software that costs more than $ 300 and no one answers a stupid question, congratulations.

Dan

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 am

Hello Jason and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

I apologize for my delay reply but we do not work over the weekend.

Please note that Advanced Installer can be installed and create installation packages for Windows 10.
However, specific settings (LaunchCondition, Windows feature bundle etc) are missing. We already have this on our TODO list and they will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestions.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

djhp

Fri May 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello, Support:
I am a new developer working for HP and we are needing to include Windows 10 in our list of supported OS. Can you advise me how to get this functionality?

Dan

Mon May 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

As I said in my previous reply, Advanced Installer can be installed and create installation packages for Windows 10.

However, specific settings (LaunchCondition, Windows feature bundle etc) have not been added yet. These options will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

By the way, have you tested an installation package created with Advanced Installer that couldn't be installed on a Windows 10 machine?

Best regards,
Dan

djhp

Mon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi, Dan:

Thank you for responding. I am new to HP and to Advanced Installer and have been told that the application throws an error when installed on a Windows 10 machine. Since testing it requires a new Win10 build, I have not had the opportunity to see it myself yet. I am working on that today. HP is using this to install their OEM Documentation on new Consumer and Commercial machines and they are scheduled to release Win10 in June. In looking at the configured Launch Conditions, I noticed that Windows 10 was missing from the list. What is the expected behavior in this situation?

Dan

Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 am

Hi,

In the Launch Conditions view you can specify conditions that must be fulfilled in order for your application to install. Through the Supported Operating Systems you can restricts the install package to run only on the selected Operating Systems. If the target operating system version is not equal with the accepted versions, the installation is aborted and an appropriate message is displayed.

Since the Windows 10 Supported Operating System is missing you cannot use a predefined launch condition to prevent the installer to run on Windows 10.

By default, the installation packages created with Advanced Installer should run on Windows 10, although the Windows 10 is not on the supported OS list.

Please send us a printscreen with the encountered error on Windows 10.

Best regards,
Dan

Dan

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 am

Hello,

The Windows Bundle support for Windows 10 has been added in version 12.4 of Advanced Installer released on September 7th, 2015.

Best regards,
Dan

Catalin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 am

Hello,

Thank you for contributing to our forums. I am sure this information will be of help for users in the future.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Feature Requests”