swillia29

TeamCity plugin ability to update properties

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 pm

With the team city plugin it would be nice to be able to set values to properties and set values to custom properties. I'm currently using the command line runner in order to do this. e.g

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 11.8\bin\x86\AdvancedInstaller.com" /edit "C:\Advanced Installer Projects\<productname>\<version>\<productname>.aip" /SetVersion %build.number.short%

Dan

Re: TeamCity plugin ability to update properties

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Daniel

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 am

Hello,

This feature has been added in version 12.2 of Advanced Installer released on June 10th, 2015.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

swillia29

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:15 pm

HI,

I just tried to use the team city plugin and there is no option to set build number or set values to custom properties. I do see in your reply you say AdvancedInstaller 12.1 but I'm talking about the plugin that is on TeamCity. Not the application you install on Windows.

Daniel

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:45 am

Hello,

This should be doable using our "Command" section available for our TeamCity plugin. In this section you can use any command line (e.g. SetVersion) accepted by our application. However, due to a current issue in our TeamCity plugin passing command line parameters to our application doesn't work. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. We will notify you when the fix will be out.

Until then, as a workaround, you can use a workaround as it is exposed in our "Setting version number for Control Panel" thread.

All the best,
Daniel

Daniel

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello,

This is a follow up to my last reply. In what regards the command line issue of our TeamCity plugin, after further debating this with our development team it seems the command lines you add in the "Commands" section will take effect and modify the AIP (project file) settings as long as you use the Save command as the final line.

So, you should just use a file of commands like this:

Code: Select all

SetVersion 6.0.5
Save
All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”