R.Mueller

Version Selector or Launcher to run correct version of AI

Hi,

this is just a quick idea, could you not provide a Launcher or Version Select Utility? I have several different versions of Advanced Installer installed, and I always need to make sure, that I work with the right tool, when I want to open project files. Usually I am not updating the projects to a later version, due to dependencies when creating patches. It would be nice, if i can just double click on a project, and the correct version of Advanced Installer is opened (the one, which is mentioned in the project file as current version).

I think, this would not be a difficult task :D

What do you think about that?

Regards,

Roland
Daniel

Re: Version Selector or Launcher to run correct version of AI

Hello Roland,

Thank you for your suggestion. I've added this feature in our todo list and maybe it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

We'll update this thread when we will have any updates.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
dougR

Is this a feature yet?

Working in multiple version of Advanced Installer on a regular basis, I'd definitely be interested in having the correct version of AI launched when double-clicking on the .aip file.
Daniel

Hello,

This improvement is still on our TODO list. I've noted your request too for this improvement and hopefully this will be available soon. Thank you for your feedback.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”