sjblack@gmail.com

Command line build failure after 12.5 upgrade

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello,

I have a vast number of advance installer projects some of which were created with older versions of the AI for instance 7.0.1. We build all these via the command line as part of our CI process since upgrading to 12.5 I have started getting the following error:

This project cannot be loaded because it contains launch conditions that cannot be converted in the current format. You can upgrade it using Advanced Installer 12.3

This is the first time I have seen this my main problem is they exist in this state across about 20 branches.

Any help is appreciated.

Stephen

Daniel

Re: Command line build failure after 12.5 upgrade

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Hello Stephen,

This happens because your old projects (saved with AI 7.0.1) contains some launch conditions which have an incompatible format with our latest version of AI (12.5). As the error message says, to avoid this you should proceed like this:
1. open/build your old projects with AI 12.3 and save them
2. reopen the above projects in AI 12.5 and rebuild them

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please send us an .aip (project file) which replicates the error to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

sjblack@gmail.com

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:19 pm

I know opening and saving the aip in 12.3 fixes the issue. The problem is I have over 20 branches which means i'm looking at around 100 aip files to open save and commit.

Is there no other way round this?

Thanks

SJ

Daniel

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:42 am

Hello Stephen,

Unfortunately, there is no other solution than using the intermediate AI 12.3 version. You can automatize this process by using our CLI support also. For instance you can create a command line script using a file of commands which only saves and rebuilds the projects with AI 12.3.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

sjblack@gmail.com

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 am

Okay, I'll have to look into this. Is this likely to be a regular thing regarding backwards compatibility? for instance when the next version is released say 12.6 is this likely to happen again?

Daniel

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:20 am

Hello,

No, after converting your old project to AI 12.3 you shouldn't encounter this problem in the future when upgrading to the newer Advanced Installer versions.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”