korr

Identify XML with Elements (not just attributes)

I would like to see AI be able to identify XML based off of element text rather than just attributes (within those elements). Maybe I am missing something?
Daniel

Re: Identify XML with Elements (not just attributes)

Hello,

If you are using our XML Search support, then this is possible. Just make sure you select the "Element text" option in the "Search" combo box.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
korr

Not for searching to extract data but for (re)placing or updating an xml file. For example if I have :

Code: Select all

<a>
	<b>TextB</b>
		<x>TextX</x>
	<b>TextBB</b>
		<x>TextXX</x>
	<b>TextBBB</b>
		<x>TextXXX</x>
</a>
I have been having trouble pulling out just TextXX by identifying the Element I want from its text (TextBB) as the "Elements Settings" -> "Text" isn't an identifier for the xml updating. The only identifier I can mark is from an attribute (of b in this case) though there isn't one present.
Daniel

Hello,

Indeed, we don't have built-in support in our "XML Updates" feature for this requirement. Maybe such an improvement will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for your suggestion.

In the meantime, as a workaround you can try to use our "Text File Updates" feature to achieve what you need.

All the best,
Daniel
korr

We continue to do more and more install-time XML updates. Has any further consideration been taken for this item?
Daniel

Hello,

I'm afraid this has not been considered until now. Unfortunately I cannot give you any ETA too.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”